Sunday, August 14, 2011

AT LAST!

YAY!  For the first time since coming back from UK (4 weeks ago!) I've actually managed to enter Less Is More's challenge ON TIME!!  ha ha haaa!

Slightly sneaky actually as last week LIM's challenge was 'Colours Of Your Flag'... well, I reckon I got ESP because despite missing deadline on that challenge, I made one that fits THIS week's theme - USE INK!

So here is last week's 'ESP effort' - using the direct-to-paper technique I masked the crown and swiped the Not Quite Navy ink pad... too too simple!

Using the same technique, here is my actual entry for the Lady & Diva LIM...


And to prove I still follow the LIMettes staunchly... yet miss the deadline regularly!  Here is my first Flag effort... made with my brother in mind as we are both going through a Union Jack obsession whilst both living as expats in various places!

card 1
cardstock; Whisper White
ink; Real Red, Not Quite Navy
stamp; Extreme Elements
card 2
cardstock; Whisper White
ink; Pear Pizazz, Rich Razzleberry, Garden Green
stamp; Faith In Nature (NEW & gooooorgeous!)
card 3
cardstock; Real Red, Whisper White
ink; Brocade Blue (retired)
other; real red ribbons (various)

12 comments:

  1. A post by a true, if tardy LIMette!
    Great cards... you'll just have to drum Friday at 22:00 hours into your head to make sure you get your posts in on time!
    All great cards!
    Thanks so much, we hope to see you again on time, next week.
    Chrissie
    Lady LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab selection of cards - hope you enjoyed your break

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great inking (love the red) and a fab Union Jack card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards, you need to set your mobile alarm, mine is always going off for various reasons lol
    Thanks so much
    Mandi
    Diva LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the effect of the swiped ink pad over the crown :)
    Love your LIM card for last week the splashes for the blue are great:)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another wonderful selection showcasing your creativity! I've missed your blog posts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cards, love the swiping effect it gives great texture. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the technique that you used for the pear! Turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW.. these are beautiful.. :) so colorful.. :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your feedback - thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...