Wednesday, April 20, 2011

LIMette-a-go-go!

WOW!  I've never used acetate in my card making (or anything!) before, so this week's Less Is More challenge had me...
1 - running to the shops (hmm, some excuse!)
2 - overflowing with ideas... mostly beyond me but some within my limited capability!

So, straight to it...

Now, my designs are inspired by LIMette Jo Capper-Sandon (entrant #10) who's challenge card is utter perfection.

... but I couldn't get my head around where to write the message for whomever's birthday it might be so my designs have incorporated writing panels for my ridiculous scrawl!

Firstly, and my first of two entries for the challenge, a simple use of embellishments...


colours: Old Olive, Regal Rose
embellishments: ? soz, dunno

I also made this card, which whilst in real life I truely love, as a photo it doesn't show the use of acetate.  Basically the stamp (SU Belle Toile) is on the acetate, with a masked oval for the sentiment window.  The sentiment (SU Teeny Tiny Sentiments) is then stamped on the white underlay.  In real life, it looks almost tile-like whilst creating shadows on the white underlay when in the right light.  My photography skills however, do not reflect this!!  Hence not entering it into challenge.


Second entry to follow!  Thanks for looking!

10 comments:

  1. Oh WOW I LOVE your card!! its fabulous
    the other black & white is pretty special too!
    thanks so much
    mandi
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both fabulous Karen, obviously if you've never used it before, it didn't fill you with the dread that many of our number experienced... but then looking at these super cards I don't think it ever will have that effect on you... you'll just think of the lovely things you made with it!
    Can't wait to see the next edition!
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're both lovely. Love the colours in the first one and the elegance of the second. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well look at you ! Such lovely cards one of the few converts it seems well done.
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two very different cards and both absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, I really love both cards...but that black and white card is simply stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You would never know that you'd not used acetate before. These are both super cards. I love the simple graphic look of the first card, but the elegance of the second makes it my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both cards are fab. Love the colours on the first one and the elegance of the second. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both cards are wonderful; but I'm really fond of B&W cards and yours is beautiful.

    TFS
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  10. just fab - so funky and modern...great.
    Thanks for sharing! Sarah at 164

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your feedback - thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...